In September 2013 Governor Patrick signed into law the requirement for all public school employees to have a one-time national criminal background check as a condition of employment. Unlike CORI, this check will examine criminal activity in all states, including Massachusetts.
Therefore, as a condition of employment with the Wayland Public Schools, employees are required to submit their fingerprints for the national criminal background check. This e-mail will help guide employees through the registration process. All employees should read through the information below and the registration guide before they register for an appointment to have their fingerprints taken.
The fingerprinting process requires two steps. The first step is to register online or call for an appointment to have your fingerprints taken. The second step requires you to go to a location to physically have your fingerprints taken.
- Please complete your online registration for a date, time, and location to have your fingerprints taken by visiting MorphoTrust USA IndentoGo enrollment centers.
- There are over 20 locations where you can register to have your fingerprints taken.
- While these sites may not be convenient, they offer evening and Saturday appointments as well as during the day.
- When you are asked to select from the agency/sector dropdown, please select Pre-K-12th Grade Education (ESE).
- When you are asked to provide a "Provider ID," please use the code from the following list for the school where you will work the most.
- Claypit Hill 03150005
- Happy Hollow 03150015
- Loker 03150020
- WMS 03150305
- WHS 03150505
- District 03150000
- Completing the "Applicant Employer Information" section is not mandatory. If you choose to complete this section, please complete the screen as shown in the jpeg file (link below).
- The fee is $55 for staff who hold a position which requires a DESE license and $35 for those who hold positions that do not require a DESE license. You will need to pay with a credit card while online.
- Please print the confirmation page and note the identification you will need to bring with you to the fingerprinting center.
- It is important that you retain for your records the receipt you are given after you have your fingerprinting completed. Please send a copy of your receipt to the Personnel Office at Central Office (Wayland Public Schools, 41 Cochituate Road, Wayland, MA 01778).
Fingerprint Registration Guide
Applicant Employer Information Screenshot